recent

Windows 10 Tech. Preview build 9879: Should You Upgrade or Start from Scratch?

Windows 10 Tech. Preview build 9879: Should You Upgrade or Start from Scratch?
There's a new build of Windows Technical Preview announced November 12, 2014. It's build 9879, and it would be the last public build release for the year.
Windows 10 Tech. Preview build 9879: Should You Upgrade or Start from Scratch?
   You can upgrade your current system through the PC settings → Update and recovery → Preview builds, change the channel from Slow to Fast → click "Check now" button..., but wait a minute! Microsoft warn us that there are known problems with this build, and I think the most serious one is this,
Some systems may see disk growth of 20GB+ due to driver install duplication. On systems with low disk space this can block setup and cause a rollback to the previous build.
   Yes, if you're shy on disk space then this would be a real problem—if you choose to upgrade. Even if you plan to do it using ISO image. And luckily, this time Microsoft will also release the ISO but only after the upgrade is ready for the "Slow" channel.

   So, should you upgrade or just clean install it—to avoid that double driver installation that could cost you 20GB+?
   My plan is:
1. I'll try to upgrade it first to see if I'm among the lucky ones saved from that 20GB+ problem.
2. If I fail, then I'll just clean install it.
3. But on second thought, I think I'll just clean install it right away. It's more practical since 99% of my apps are portables, and I love a CLEAN start! :)

Windows 10 Tech. Preview build 9879: Should You Upgrade or Start from Scratch?
   I do hope Microsoft will follow the Open Source community and take benefit of another distribution channel: the "torrents" channel. I plan to download my ISO from this channel. Ah! Found one here.

   If you plan to upgrade your system using the ISO image, you can follow this guide. If you plan to do clean install often, consider using all portable applications on your Windows system. It will save your time a lot![]
Windows 10 Tech. Preview build 9879: Should You Upgrade or Start from Scratch? Reviewed by Unknown on 11/14/2014 08:05:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

©2014-2015 OneWindows All Rights Reserved
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.